As we work with students at all ages,
we strive to nurture a DAT graduate
who will posses a strong set of
beliefs and philosophies, and respect
the inherent value of an outstanding
general studies education.
- Belief in G-d according to the 13 principles of Maimonides,
- Belief in Torah as Divine revelation,
- Belief in the authority of the Rabbis to transmit our tradition,
- Possess a love for Torah learning,
- Understand that all people are created in the image of G-d, and are therefore deserving of respect and kindness,
- Understand that study and pursuit of the humanities and sciences can be a pathway to come closer to G-d,
- See the State of Israel as miraculous manifestation of G-d in the world and in history,
- Appreciate that America has given Jews both here and around the world great freedoms and benefits, both material and spiritual,
- Understand that Jews have a privilege and responsibility to repair and improve the world.
The ideal DAT graduate will embody the following behaviors:
- Aspire to be a Torah observant Jew,
- Embody integrity, honesty and kindness,
- Be passionate about the pursuit of, and importance of education,
- Strive for further spiritual and personal growth,
- Be respectful and tolerant of all,
- Identify with the people and land of Israel,
- Feel a responsibility for all Jews worldwide.
Our graduates also possess a specific set of skills and body of knowledge relating to Torah study, the Oral tradition, Hebrew language, Jewish law, character education, prayer and the geography of the prayer book, Jewish history, and the State of Israel. Our graduates will also have acquired strong written and oral communication skills, an appreciation for literature and the ability to critically evaluate information. Further, graduates will have a foundation in science, math, social studies and literature which will allow them to pursue a wide variety of advanced degrees.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
DAT 24th Annual Gala
Click here for more info or to register
DAT is Hiring for the 2017.2018 School Year
Click here for more information and how to apply
Apply Now for Admission
New Student Applications Due by Feb 8, 2017
Click here to apply
Continuing 8th Grade Student?
Click here for the Parent Questionnaire
Volunteer at DAT
Click here to volunteer at DAT
Shop and Raise for DAT!
Click here for great ways to raise money for our school
DAT 23rd Annual Gala
DAT 23rd Annual Gala
2016 Annual Gala Parent Speech
Click here to learn more about why one family chose a DAT education
Click here to sign up
DAT 2015 Parlor Meeting Video
Click here to watch!